On this page you will be able to submit your abstract for consideration at the BESA conference, to take place at the University of Glasgow, June 26-27th, 2014.
What you are required to do is:
- provide a title for your abstract (in the ‘Title’ box)
- insert the text for your abstract (in the ‘Abstract’ box below)
- provide some keywords for your submission (maximum 6 keywords)
- identify the most relevant theme for your submission (in the ‘theme’ box)
Please note the following suggested themes:
- Alternative voices in Education Studies
- Education Studies: Contemporary debates
- History of Education
- Innovations in Education Studies
- Politics and policy in education
- Researching Education Studies: critical issues
- Student perspectives on Education Studies
- Education theory
(Please note this list is not exhaustive and we welcome papers from a broad range of perspectives)
Abstracts for the conference should be no longer than 400 words, and include:
- a clear description of the aims and objectives of your inquiry
- the methodology and methods employed (if a theory paper, please indicate theoretical perspective(s))
- results and key conclusions
The extended FINAL submission deadline is Friday 18th April, 2014 at 5pm – please note no further abstracts will be considered after this date. Please also note that you are encouraged to submit your abstracts sooner rather than later.
It is recommended that you complete your abstract in a word document and cut and paste into the text box. Please note that there is no preview function, so ensure that the text is complete before hitting the submit button.
When you submit your abstract, you will be taken to a confirmation page where you will see the abstract/s (set to Pending) you have submitted.
Please contact us via the contact page if you have any queries about the submission process.Close Close