The British Education Studies Association (BESA) is delighted to announce a second call for research funding that will be providing at least one research grant. The award(s) are up to £1000 per applicant/group to carry out a research project in 2019/2020 that relates to the aims of BESA. The award(s) will also include a funded place at the 2020 BESA conference to present the findings of the project. The successful candidate will be also required to write a final research report that will be published on the BESA website.
The deadline for applicants is 31st May 2019. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The final award will be announced during the Annual International Conference at University of Wales Trinity St David 27th – 28th June 2019. Successful applicant/s will be also confirmed by email the 28th of June.
You must be a BESA member to apply for this research grant and affiliated to a British University/Institution. If you are not a member, you can join BESA at any time.
Applications will be judged by a panel of BESA executive committee members and evaluated against the quality of the proposal. Successful applications need to be concise and specific, presented in the format required and must include information sufficient to confirm that the project is desirable, viable, realistic achievable and aligned with the interest of BESA.
Applicants need to submit responses to the following areas using the template available on the website. The proposal must include the following information:
- Personal details: including name, address, university and role, telephone number, email address and a short academic autobiography
- Proposed project information: title and a description of your project, including the research design and how you will accomplish your research questions (up to 1000 words)
- Ethical considerations for your proposed project (up to 300 words)
- Information on how the project relates to the aims of BESA(up to 200 words)
- Intended outcomes, i.e publications (up to 300 words)
- Breakdown of costings up to £1000.00
- Proposed project plan for 2019/2020 to deliver the findings at the BESA conference in June
How to Apply
Step 1: Download Application Form
Step 2: Complete the application form in Word and save to your hard drive
Step 3: Log in or register at https://educationstudies.org.uk/research-funding/funding-application/ and submit your completed application form.
For further information, please contact:
Dr David Menendez Alvarez-Hevia (BESA Funded Projects Lead) at email@example.com