Students and BESA members who do not have access to conference funding are eligible to apply for one of a limited number of BESA bursaries. The bursary will fund attendance at the BESA Annual Conference and BESA membership for the following year.
We are only able to offer a limited number of bursaries each year. The successful applicants are selected from among the strongest conference applications made by applicants to our main conference as judged by the Conference Review Panel. We hope that all those who are unsuccessful in their application for a bursary will be able to locate other funding so as to attend our conference none the less.
Students who wish to apply for the bursary need to meet the following conditions. They must…
- write and submit the abstract themselves.
- have chosen a presentation topic which is relevant to the theme/themes of the conference.
- submit an abstract in time for the submission deadline.
- be the primary presenter in their presentation.
- identify themselves as a student and indicate their desire to apply for a bursary during the abstract submission process.
- be able to self-fund their travelling expenses and any additional nights of accommodation costs beyond the one night covered by the bursary.
Academics who wish to apply for the bursary will need to demonstrate that their abstract has relevance to the main theme(s) of the conference and agree to attendance at both days of the conference.
If you are not a student or BESA member, it is essential that you become a member before applying for the Bursary.