Please note that we are no longer accepting additional abstracts for this conference.If you wish to submit an abstract to the BESA Annual Conference 2017 you will first need to LOGIN to your account on this website (if you have one). If you don’t already have an account with this website you can REGISTER for an account and then submit. Close
Submission Deadline: Friday, 21st of April
The conference has a number of sub-themes which are as follows:
- Education Studies: Contemporary debates
- Alternative voices in Education Studies
- Researching Education Studies: critical issues
- Professionalism and training in education studies
- Internationalization and global education
- Practice and Pedagogy in Education
- Education and policy
- Student perspectives on Education Studies
When you are submitting your abstract you will be asked to identify which sub-theme it is most closely aligned with. It may be that your paper fits into more than one sub-theme or doesn’t feel like a good fit for any of them. In these cases just pick the sub-theme that is the best fit from those available.
Papers are oral presentations lasting 15 – 20 minutes, plus 5 minutes for questions. They will be scheduled in 60 minute sessions which will normally include 2 papers on similar themes.
Abstracts proposing a paper for the conference should be no longer than 400 words, and include:
- a clear description of the aims and objectives of your inquiry
- the methodology and methods employed (if a theoretical paper, please indicate theoretical perspective(s))
- in the case of an empirical paper the results of your analysis
- key conclusions and discussion points.
The symposia are considered as one submission but they consist of 60 minute conference sessions organised by the submitters. The Chairperson named on the proposal is responsible for the time-keeping of the presentations and the management of Q&A of the symposium.
Abstracts proposing a symposium for the conference should be no longer than 400 words, and include:
- the title of the symposium
- the name and institutional affiliation of the chair
- an overview of 150-250 words regarding the aims, the educational relevance of the symposium and the central thread representing the coherence of the presentations of the symposium
- the title of each presentation (max four presentations per symposium) with the name and institutional affiliation of each author.
Please contact us via the contact page if you have any queries about the submission process.